VIVEKANANDA MEDICAL TRUST
Vivekananda Medical Trust was established in 1974 as a charitable Trust and NGO in the field of providing medicare to the needy, downtrodden, underprivileged and people of remote inaccessible tribal areas in and around Visakhapatnam District, where modern medicare is not accessible and is now synonymous with the people of north costal Andhra Pradesh for its activities.
The trust was founded drawing inspiration from Swamy Vivekananda’s ideology service to man kind is service to god to provide quality medicare to the poor, weak & down trodden people of the society, The Trust was established under the stewardship of eminent public personalities like Dr C. Vyaghreswarudu an eminent Orthopaedician and a famous Polio surgeon in the world to have done record number of Polio surgeries, Dr. N.T. Subramanyam an eminent physician and Professor of Medicine, Andhra Medical College, Sri Pilla Rama Rao, Leading Educationist and social worker and others like Dr. J. Baparao, CMO, DLB(Retd) Dr. M. Subbarao and S ri D.S.N. Raju etc., to name a few.
- Vivekananda Medical Trust provides quality health care with nominal fees by running a hospital in the name and style of Vivekananda Hospital .
- The outpatient block of Vivekananda Hospital was established in 1980 situate near Sangam office, Akkayyapalem, Visakhapatnam, run under the aegis of VMT provides OP department, clinical laboratory, ultra sound scan, digital X-ray services. Three (3) doctors provide dedicated services and treat about 250 patients per day. Necessary tests with the state of the art medical technology is made available to the patients at an affordable costs.
- Vivekananda Hospital provides free medical consultation to all patients every Tuesday evening.
- Vivekananda Hospital has also been providing Specialist services at bare minimum affordable costs to the needy with the help of eminent service oriented doctors in various fields of medicine like Orthopedics, General surgery, Laparoscopic surgery, ENT, General Medicine, Chest &TB, Skin OB & Gynae, Psychiatry and Physiotherapy. The following Specialist Doctors have been offering their services on a weekly basis in the OPD.
b) Dr ch srinivas kumar, Dental surgeon ( Tuesday) 06:00-07:00pm
c) Dr B. Tirupati Rao, M.D., (Homeo) ( Wednesday) 05:00-06:00pm
d) Dr I.Chandra Sekhar Rao, M.S., Ortho ( Thursday) 12:00 to 01:00pm
e) Dr V.Narasimha Murthy, M.D., Physician ( Saturday ) 10:00-12:00 noon
f) Dr Pradeep Vundavalli, M.S., ENT (Saturday) 05:00-06:00pm
Sandhya Eye Hospital has been extending its Optometry services on every Tuesday at the Hospital premises between 10:00-12:00noon.
- The Trust is also running an in-patient department at Lalitha Nagar, Visakhapatnam with a capacity of 15 beds and with facility of performing surgery at a reasonable cost round the clock Doctor availability is another service in this in-patient department.
- The Trust has also adopted a city slum near Sankara Matam while treating Diabetic and Hyper tension patients for the last 5 years, providing free medicines and Blood Sugar estimation with the support of pharmaceutical companies.
- Vivekananda Medical Trust has also adopted a Fishermen hamlet called Dibbadapalem, 25 kms., away from Visakhapatnam and conducting regular medical health camps with the help of Dr. Lakshmikanthm, M.B.B.S., D.G.O., and Dr Latha Agarwal, M.B.B.S. for the past 20 years.
- Vivekananda Medical Trust is also operating a full fledged
Hospital on wheels to provide medical services in remote & inaccessible Tribal Villages by providing free medical services. The Central Tribal Welfare Department in recognition of its services allocated a Tata Sumo in the year 2003,which was converted into an improvised ambulance with facility to conduct minor surgeries, oxygen facility and long seat for transporting serious patients in the tribal areas. The Mobile Medical Services were inaugurated by the then Governor of Andhra Pradesh His Excellency S.S. Barnala on 9.8.2003.The Trust conducts about 5 free medical camps every month in remote areas like Aruku, Paderu in accessible Tribal hamlets and urban slums regularly now with the help a fully equipped state of the art technology FORCE ambulance and foraying into the inaccessible areas with its team of dedicated Doctors to fulfill its motto of service to mankind is service to God